WEBINAR - Provider Session NDIS Framework and Standards for Certification registration - PART 1 OF 2
In this two part series, the aim is to help you understand what you need to know about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Quality and Safeguards Framework and principles and in particular for providers registered for CERTIFICATION.
These two x 1.5 hour webinar sessions offer an opportunity to assess whether you or your organisation is ready undertake an external audit for the NDIS National Quality and Safeguard Standards.
The sessions are delivered by a Subject Matter Expert from ACIA (Australian Community Industry Alliance) who have worked with key stakeholders from Department of Social Services and NDIS Commission over the past 2 years to develop the National Quality and Safeguards Framework.
Outline key information about the NDIS scheme and the framework principles to ensure your organisation is audit ready.
Anyone requiring an understanding of the National Quality and Safeguards Standards and examples of evidence that will be expected to provide on audit for Certification. This could include:
• Managers, Quality Managers, Staff conducting Internal Audit
– assistance to access and maintain employment or higher education
– high intensity daily personal activities
– assistance in coordinating or managing life stages, transitions and supports
– assistance with daily personal activities
– specialist positive behaviour support
– community nursing care
– assistance with daily life tasks in a group or shared living arrangement
– development of daily living and life skills
– early intervention supports for early childhood
– participation in community social and civic activities
– specialist disability accommodation only
– specialist disability and one or more classes of supports
– specialised support coordination
– specialised support employment
– group and centre based activities
At the completion of this session you should be able to:
• Describe NDIS quality standards and objectives and how they can be applied to your organisation
• Understand provider registration scope
• Consider the evidence required to demonstrate compliance
• Recall the module outcomes for certification registration
March 27, 2019, Wednesday 12.30pm
Duration: 1.5 hours