The first NDIS Participant Employment Strategy, which was launched by the Minister for the NDIS, the Hon Stuart Robert MP yesterday.
By 2023, NDIS are aiming to have 30% of NDIS participants of working age in employment. That’s an increase of about 7% over the next three years with our current NDIS participant group.
Moreover, the Strategy details more than 50 actions to be undertaken over three years to:
- Increase participant aspiration and employment goals in NDIS plans
- Increase participant choice and control over pathways to employment
- Increase marketing innovations that improve the path to paid work
- Improve confidence of employers to employ NDIS participants
- Lead by example as an employer of people with disability.
In the Strategy, we have committed to a raft of measures that will build a more diverse, innovative and mature market of employment supports, for example we will:
- run an innovation challenge on how to support the growth of participant self-employment or micro enterprises.
- convene industry specific events targeting professions and sectors that are growing or can provide flexible employment to participants
- hold a national conference to showcase innovation and broader employment options for NDIS participants and providers.
Access the full article here: https://www.ndis.gov.au/about-us/strategies/participant-employment-strategy